The Redford Campus gathers for in-person, indoor worship at 9:00 a.m. every Sunday. The Brightmoor Campus gathers for in-person, indoor worship at 11:30 a.m. every Sunday. Our Online worship service at 11:00 a.m. is a recorded version of the Redford Campus’ in-person service. We strive to make this an engaging and uplifting experience for all who participate. We look forward to welcoming you in worship!
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Vaccinations: Some in our congregation have received one or both of their vaccinations for COVID. That’s great news for our congregation and our larger community. It’s a good sign of some positive change heading our way. However, because we’re still not certain about whether or not those vaccinated can infect someone else and the likelihood of some of those vaccinated being capable of getting a mild case of the virus, we’ll still need to follow our COVID protocols we have had in place. This will not be a necessity forever as more people become vaccinated the likelihood of transmission will continue to decrease until the risk is negligible.
- More or Less Christian: Each person and family will continue to decide what’s best for them. Choosing to attend or stay home does NOT make you more or less a faithful follower of Jesus. This is a no guilt / no obligation zone. As things improve relating to the pandemic we will do as much as we can to boost each other’s confidence in being together in-person, but we cannot be narrowly focused on one response being the only right response.
- Online Worship: We will continue to produce and distribute our digital worship service every week. That will NOT stop. Please know, this online expression of worship is the EXACT same as the one in-person on Sunday morning at the Redford Campus. There is no distinction between the content of online worship and the in-person worship.
Here’s what you can expect when you arrive:
- Everyone will enter through the lobby doors (East side of the building) and head towards the sanctuary.
- In order to keep everyone safe we will all be wearing masks throughout our time on church property, and maintain a six foot distance from people not in our household. If you are in need of a mask, the church can provide one for you.
- At Brightmoor Aldersgate, temperature checks will be taken via an infrared thermometer.
- For now, our worship service will be very much the same as our online worship service, which means it will run somewhere between 30-45 minutes.
- During the worship service, we will ask those present to hum along to the music, as singing/shouting/speaking loudly greatly increases the risk for sharing the virus.
- You will be required to fill out a welcome card when coming to worship (in case the health department needs to follow up for contact tracing).
- Please use the restrooms before leaving your home (this is safer for everybody). While ours will be open for emergencies, please note, they are small and have lots of surfaces.
- When the service is finished, the ushers will dismiss people by pew so that everyone can exit the building safely and socially distanced.
A few notes of caution:
- If you, or someone in your household, is ill please stay home and worship along online.
- If you, or someone in your household, has contracted COVID-19, stay home and worship along online.
- If you, or someone in your household, is being tested for COVID-19, stay home and worship along online until you have a negative test result.
- If you, or someone in your household, has come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, please quarantine for at least 2 weeks before coming to indoor worship.
- If you have comorbidities that place you at additional risk, or if you are over the age of 65, please consider the additional risks of being present in a group of people.